We’re looking for a multi-talented Senior Designer to join the Holdens family. Do you have what it takes? Check out the job description below and apply by sending your CV and a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Position: Senior Designer
Salary: £DOE + Benefits
Agency Contact: Ted Holden
We’re looking for a multi-talented Senior Designer who will inspire creativity, innovation and design excellence across all areas of the agency. With a minimum of 5 years’ integrated creative agency experience, you will have an instinct for getting to that brilliant, yet simple idea, and the ability to bring it to life in captivating and compelling ways across all channels. We’re looking for a visual communicator with an eye for the timeless and a nous for what’s trending.
Work will involve a variety of projects, across multiple sectors. From branding start-ups to designing integrated campaigns for big brands; you will be adept at having groundbreaking ideas, creating amazing design, artwork and illustration across a wide range of platforms; traditional, digital, physical and virtual.
This senior role involves working directly with the agency’s directors and senior management team to fulfill its creative and strategic vision. You will also be implored to bring innovation to the creative and technological output of the agency as a whole, keeping abreast of new and emerging communication channels and techniques.
Day-to-day, you will be taking the lead role in producing full-cycle creative projects; from client briefings, ideation and pitching, through to art directing, content creation and final delivery. You will work collaboratively with both the client and the multi- disciplinary team within the agency; and for all projects you will work closely with the agency Account Directors and Managers with a clear focus on fulfilling the commercial needs of the client.
We’re one of Manchester’s leading integrated creative agencies. Our team is the perfect blend of old buggers and young turks. We embrace technology, we love what we do and we have an appetite to make a positive difference in the world we live in. Driven by an insatiable curiosity. Excited by experimentation and daring to venture into unknown territory to push the limits of what’s possible. Some people call us the mad scientists of marketing. We like to think of ourselves as creative pioneers. And while some of our ideas might be off the wall, there’s a method to our madness. One that creates amazing brand experiences, guided by insight and strategy.
Our culture is extremely important to us; we’re passionate, we go the extra mile, we believe in work / life balance, we look out for each other and we have fun. Life’s way too short to not want to get up in the morning.
• Significant experience creating and evolving brand identities and designing for integrated marketing communications and experiences, both online and offline
• Minimum 5 years’ integrated agency experience
• Considerable experience in professional client relationship management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Effective team management capabilities
• A keen attention to detail and budgetary requirements
• A passion for Branding, Advertising and Marketing Communications, Digital, Environment Design, Experiential Marketing, Social Media, Video and Virtual Reality.
Attributes and Technical Skills
Must be highly skilled and experienced in:
• Creative thinking and campaign ideation
• Art direction
• Graphic design and artworking
• Brand identity design and guidelines
• Digital design: website / app (solid understanding of user-centric UI and UX design)
• Digital design: General digital and social media content
• Print design: General print and press ad design and print ready artworking
• Adobe Creative Cloud
• iWork & Microsoft Office
• Teamwork (basic proficiency training provided)
• Client relationship management
• Project management
• Time management
• People management
• A team player.
Nice to have, but not essential:
• Environment and 3D design
• Animation and motion graphics
• Taking the lead role in producing full-cycle creative projects collaborating where necessary with the client, internal agency creative and management team and any external partners; from client briefings, ideation and pitching, through to art directing, content creation and final delivery
• Taking a lead role in building strong and symbiotic agency-client relationships
• Work with clients and internal account management teams to understand commercial objectives, client audience / persona profiling, KPIs and budgetary requirements.
• Deliver all projects to the highest quality, ensuring the creative standards of the agency are maintained at an exceptional level
• Bring innovation to the creative and technological output of the agency as a whole, keeping abreast of new and emerging communication channels and techniques
• Work on a wide ranging portfolio of client accounts
• Liaise with clients via telephone, email and face-to-face
• Work closely with the agency Account Directors, Managers and Workflow Manager to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
• Develop and maintain the agency brand and IMC guidelines
• Work directly with the agency directors and senior management team to fulfil the creative and strategic vision for the agency.
At Holdens we are committed to your personal development.
We have a proactive Personal Development Scheme in place for all employees. This enables individuals to hone and develop existing skills and attributes, as well as learn and develop new ones.
As part of your induction to the company, a Personal Development Plan will be put in place – allowing you to set development goals for the short, mid and long term. These goals are then reviewed and new ones set, with ongoing bi-annual reviews.
Entitlements and Benefits
• Annual leave: 24 days + Bank Holidays
• Working hours: Minimum 37.5 hours per week between 8:30am and 5:30pm daily
• Pension scheme: TBD
• Monthly Friday beers and quarterly agency away days
• Agency Christmas lunch and party
• Annual salary reviews.
To apply, send your CV and a portfolio to email@example.com